Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III are undoubtedly the biggest Smartphones on the market today. As such there has been an unavoidable rivalry of the two most admired Smartphones. If you were to choose between Samsung Galaxy S III and the iPhone 5 which one would you pick? Although Samsung has an advert that says ‘it doesn’t take a genius’ to tell which is the better Smartphone, picking one over the other can be a tricky task. Especially with the recent advert that says “don’t settle for cheap plastic” This article guides you through the specifications as well as features of each Smartphone.
Apple iPhone 5
1. Apple iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen with a resolution of 1136* 640 and a pixel resolution of 326ppi.
2. It has a superior AP 6 processor
3. It has a 1080p video recording
4. It is smaller in size and lighter weighing 112grams
5. 1Gigabytes Random Access
6. Apple iPhone 5 has a talk time of 8 hours
7. Its body is made from aluminum and glass
8. Its rear camera has 8 megapixel autofocus with HDR and flash, panorama mode, improved noise reduction, zero shatter lag, native face detection and better low light performance.
9. Has no flash support
10. Has E-book reader for iBooks
11. Has over 700,000 applications and iTunes App Store
12. Uses the iOS 6 operating software
Samsung Galaxy S III
1. Samsung Galaxy S III has a 4.8 inch screen with a resolution of 1280* 720 and a pixel resolution of 306ppi
2. It has a 1080p video recording
3. It is larger in size compared to the Apple iPhone 5 weighing 133 grams.
4. 2 Gigabytes Random Access Memory
5. Samsung Galaxy S III has a talk time of 11.4 hours
6. Samsung Galaxy S III uses a 1.4 GHz Exynos quad-core processor.
7. Its rear camera has 8 megapixel autofocus with HDR and flash, panorama mode, noise reduction, zero shatter lag and face detection.
8. Body is made from plastic
9. Has a flash support
10. Has an E book reader for Google Books
11. Has over 600,000 application and Google Play Store
12. Uses Android 4.0 ICS operating software with TouchWiz
From the above comparison there is indeed very little to choose from between the two Smartphones. Even though both have some omissions for instance lack of NFC in the Apple iPhone is a huge deal because it allows you to perform superior file sharing features across your phone. However, it is not an ideal deal breaker between the two phones. If you want a respectable amount of screen resolution then pick Samsung Galaxy S III, although Apple iPhone 5 offers a brighter pixel dense and is superior in quality as it improves performance in low lights and has a superior image boosting system. The two phones offers equally good visual experiences compared to other Smartphones available in the market.
Samsung offer you a longer battery life compared to the iPhone 5 although it also has an ideal battery backup. Apple iPhone 5 has a tough aluminum design and metal finish with a glass front giving it a stylish look. It can withstand more drops that older versions. Samsung misses to meet the elegant look set by the iPhone 5although it is durable and would not break as an iPhone would if it fell from a particular height.